Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A sweet burlap gift for one of my wonderful sisters


I love getting a gift that is made from hand. It lets me know that I am worth the time out of someone's crazy everyday life. My sister, Glenna who lives in Hawaii sent me a shirt from a very upscale club and bare essential makeup. I get so excited to get a package in the mail!
I am the kind of person who loves to throw tons of little gifts into a gift bag. So one of my gifts for her was very simple.

I cut 2 strips of burlap 11 in by 4 in then sewed the tops a half and inch.
I don't have a sewing machine and I am not too good at sewing by hand so after sewing the folds I came to the all mighty glue gun to glue the sides together. I then stuffed the burlap sack with some dollar store bath roses that smell amazing! I tied a blue grosgrain ribbon with some flowers on top. I had everything in my house already so this probably would of cost me around $5.

Filled with dollar store bath roses

No comments:

Post a Comment